If you are looking for conveniently situated accommodation in Montagu that is the ideal family-friendly holiday location, then Montagu Springs Resort is just what you need. The Resort is located a mere 190km from Cape Town, surrounded by plenty to see and do for families with kids.
The Resort features comfortable self-catering chalets with amenities that include kitchens, open-plan living spaces, braai facilities, and dining areas. The resort is a safe and secure accommodation option, which makes it a top choice for families with children.
Why Montagu Springs is the Ideal Family Friendly Holiday Location
Here are some of the activities and facilities offered at the resort that makes it the ideal family-friendly location.
1. Various swimming pools
You have a choice between multiple swimming pools, including an award-winning heated pool, three other swimming pools, and a splash pool for the little ones. With all these choices, you will have no problem finding the perfect spot to cool down on a hot Karoo day.
2. Sports and Games
The Resort offers plenty of recreational facilities to entertain the entire family, which include tennis courts, bicycle hire, astroturf, and volleyball. With so much to choose from, there won’t be a dull moment.
3. Child-friendly activities
The resort is the ideal family destination with plenty to do for the little ones too. There is a dedicated kiddies play area with a jungle gym, surrounded by beautiful green lawns where they can play to their heart’s content. The resort also offers babysitting services if mom and dad need to spend some quality time as a couple.
4. Stunning Hiking Trails to Explore
You can enjoy beautiful natural scenery and views while exploring the various hiking trails including:
- Loverswalk – Also referred to as Mayor’s walk is only 500m long and stretches along the banks of the Keisie River just below Kanonkop. This is a perfect extension to the Badskloof hiking trail and no entrée fees are applicable.
- Bloupunt Hiking Trail – A 15.6 long hiking trail that takes about five to nine hours to complete. There is plenty to see for hikers with different interests. You can admire the ever-changing landscape between gullies with mountain streams and rugged cliffs with rock formations that will leave you breathless. Once you’ve reached the summit, you have access to a magnificent view in every direction.
Halfway up the mountain you can quench your thirst and refill water bottles and enjoy some refreshments at two freshwater locations. Another highlight on this trail not to be missed is the three small waterfalls that you encounter on your way down which can be accessed via short deviations from the central trail. You can take a refreshing dip in the cool water while admiring the surrounding scenery which is well worth seeing.
- Cogmanskloof Hiking Trail – This trail stretches 12.1km and is completed within four to six hours. The first 2km is a proper workout and is quite steep, but from there on it is easy going all the way to the 690m summit. It also provides a breathtaking view of Montagu, the mountains and canyons. The wildflowers and stunning rock formations on top is a one-of-a-kind view and gives you a chance to snap a few pics and rest before heading down.
- Badskloof Trail – Is about 2.2km long and provides an hour-long walk through Badskloof with its signature rock formations, plentiful birdlife, and sport climbing routes. Keep in mind an entry fee is payable both ends of the trail.
- Aasvoelkraans Trail – stretches 3.2km and takes more or less 1.5 hours to finish. It begins at Riebeeck street across Aasvoelkraans B&B and ends at the 430m viewpoint that overlooks Cogmanskloof. No entry fees are charged
We hope you have enjoyed our article about why Montagu Springs is the ideal family-friendly holiday location and that you will consider this resort as your number-one holiday location. With plenty of facilities to keep the entire family entertained, your family vacation experience will be a truly memorable one.